A by-election will be held in Epsom West on Thursday 19 November to replace the Liberal Democrat county councillor who has unfortunately needed to resign.
The Liberal Democrat candidate JULIE MORRIS has:
- Lived in Epsom for 50 years
- Been a borough councillor in Town and College wards for 15 years
- Spent 10 years leading the opposition on the borough council
- Served on SCC Local Committee dealing with roads and parking
- 25 years experience campaigning on behalf of local residents
- Shown total commitment to conserving the environment
- A proven track record of getting things done
Julie is committed to making Epsom & Ewell an even better place to live and work. She says:
"Please help me continue the good work that Liberal Democrat councillors have done locally and as the main opposition to the Conservative party who dominate Surrey County Council.
"Since the general election in May we have gained 20,000 new members and have won seats in 5 local by-elections.
"Having an effective opposition is vital for the health of democracy, both locally and nationally."